Monday, April 28, 2014

WORKOUT HOUR - BACK AND LEGS # 1

Clean and Mean - Workout Hour - Back and Legs #1
Long time no write! I've been a busy with other things lately, and I am sure that everyone else has been too. I just had a tight window for my workout time earlier today, and it gave me an idea that might help some people (including myself). I will start taking note of my clutch workout routines that I do whenever I have limited workout time. If ever they yield pretty decent results relative to the time consumed, I will post em here!


WORKOUT HOUR - BACK AND LEGS # 1

Everything that I will post in workout hour would be something that I have been able to do in an hour or less. You should have some spare time afterwards. You can add exercises if you want! During rushed sessions, I would generally want to keep on moving. I would not drop the weights to the extent that my whole session would be cardio, but you can do a little bit less than usual just to keep yourself moving. For this specific routine #1, i threw in a couple of mini circuits. I would do two different exercises, one after the other, before i would call it a set. A sample set would be 12 reps of exercise A, ideally to be immediately followed by 10 reps of exercise B, then rest. The next set would then be another 12 reps of exercise A followed by B.

Adjust the weight so that you may do em all without considering the day as a light day or a cardio day. The availability/opportunity to circuit is subject to the number of people in your gym.

If you are grouping your workouts to Back and Legs on one day, with Chest and Shoulders on another day, then this workout hour routine# 1 can give you a solid burn in less than an hour. This should beat up your lower back, all of your other backs, and should be pretty ok for the legs too. It will not replace leg day though. Treat it as a major in back, minor in legs program.

Here was my routine:

1. Mini Circuit of Deadlifts and Bent Over Barbell Rows
    Rep Range:
    Set 1 - Deadlift x 15 + BoBR x 12
    Set 2 - Deadlift x 12 + BoBR x 10
    Set 3 - Deadlift x 8   + BoBR x 8
    Set 4 - Deadlift x 10 + BoBR x 8   (I lightened the weight for Deadlifts for this routine's final set)

2. Mini Circuit of Seated Cable Rows (Double Grip) and Bodyweight Squats (Ass to the grass)
    Set 1 - SCR x 15 + Squats x 15
    Set 2 - SCR x 12 + Squats x 15
    Set 3 - SCR x 12 + Squats x 15
    Set 4 - SCR x 10 + Squats x 15

3. Mini Circuit of Lat Pulldowns (Default Bar) and Forward Lunges 
   Set 1 - LPD x 15 + Lunges x 10 per leg
   Set 2 - LPD x 12 + Lunges x 10 per leg
   Set 3 - LPD x 12 + Lunges x 10 per leg
   Set 4 - LPD x 10 + Lunges x 10 per leg

4. Leg Press - 15/15/15/15
5. Bodyweight Chin Ups - 12/12/12/12   (You can circuit 4 and 5 if your gym isn't too crowded)
6. Leg Curls - 12/12/12/12
7. Leg Extension - 12/12/12/12
8. Lat Pulldowns (Double Grip Handle) - 15/12/12/12


BACK AND LEGS # 1
+ Objective is to get something done within an hour or less. 
+ Have a conscious effort to reduce workout time and rest time.
+ Add activities if you have extra time and energy (biceps, abs, cardio)


CleanNMean

No comments:

Post a Comment